Literature Circle Worksheets:
My Reflections –
A really sweet organizer to help you reflect on work you have read.
Start the Discussion!
– Develop a list of opening questions for your next book discussion
group. Write down possible questions as you read.
– As you read, be on the lookout for puzzling or unfamiliar words.
Write them down as you find them, then look up each word in the dictionary.
Be the Illustrator
– When invited by the discussion director, show your picture to
the group, but don't comment on what you have done.
Literature Circle Summary
– Prepare a brief summary of today's reading. Your summary should
cover the main points, and provide a context for the day's discussion.
Before and After
– This should be worked on before you read a work and after you
finish the work.
– Develop a list of questions for your group to discuss about this
part of the book.
– Find connections between the book and your life, and between the
book and the rest of the world.
End – Prepare for Literature Circle by reviewing what happened
at the beginning, the middle, and the end of the book.
Share a Passage
– For this assignment, each group member will share a short passage
from the book that is meaningful to them.