Finding the Main Idea Worksheets To Print:
The Big Idea – Read the short story about Albert Einstein and identify the main idea on
the lines. He sure was filled with ideas.
Common First Words
– We use a web organizer here. Complete the figure with the main idea and four supporting ideas from the text.
We Eat – Read the paragraph below and identify the main idea. Food is a great thing to talk about.
We all love our pets and friends. In this worksheet track where they go around.
– Sometimes the main idea of a passage is stated right in the paragraph!
Main Idea Sentences
– This makes it easy for the reader to understand exactly what the
author is talking about.
– In the umbrella diagram, fill in the main idea and two supporting
My Sister's Room
– You can think of the main idea as the cover of an umbrella - it
is the big idea that covers the smaller details.
More Main Idea Worksheet Topics: