Verb Tense Worksheets To Print:
Matching Past Tense
- The matching kind of is packed together. You will match up the word to the sentence that could use it.
Choose the Best Verb Tense
- You will need to find the best verb in the context of what you
read here. These are slightly longer sentences.
Past Perfect Progressive
- Big words, but it's really not that complicated. You will state to use this word form in your sentences.
Simply Perfect! - Make
all these verbs present tense please. You have two to choose from to complete it.
Verbs in Context
- Write a short story in the lines below. Use at least 3 present form verbs and 3 past form verbs correctly, and circle or underline
- Write the verb form based on what is in the parentheses. You will complicate some words a bit.
Read, Find & Identify
- Read 10 pages of a book and write down ten of the most interesting
verbs you find.
When Do You Think? -
When did that happen? Bonus: see if you can
find the tense of the verb that is not present, too!
What's the Story?
- Find a passage from a story with at least 10 verbs. Find, circle, and number all the verbs in the story.
On the lines below, write the terms and classify the state of the action.
- You are given sentences that you will need to breakdown and write a new form of the sentence.
Switching the Timing
- Rewrite each sentence, so that the timing of when things occurs changes and as a result the entire thought process changes.
Verb Tense Teamwork
- Get into groups of 3. Individually, write a story with at least five verbs (including two different tenses) in the lines below.