Printables for This Topic:
Verbs in Context
– Write a short story in the lines below. Use at least 3 present
tense verbs and 3 past tense verbs correctly, and circle or underline
Read, Find & Identify
– Read 10 pages of a book and write down ten of the most interesting
verbs you find.
Past or Present? –
When did that happen? Determine whether the verbs are in the past
or present tense.
Simple Past Tense
– Circle each present tense verb, and write the past tense form
on the line.
Past to Present Tense
– Rewrite each sentence, so it has a present tense verb instead
of a past tense verb.
Verb Tense Teamwork
– : Get into groups of 3. Individually, write a story with at least
five verbs (including two different tenses) in the lines below.