Phoneme Isolation Worksheets:
Sounds It Out
– You should know your letters before attempting this worksheet. Touch each box as you sound out the word.
X extra boxes that do not hold a sound.
– Another round of this activity for you. Same skills, different objects and items.
Boxed Sounds –
We focus this activity slightly differently. The picture is for pointing out things.
– What words are you getting here? Follow the directions here or you will have some trouble.
Find the Sounds
– Where are the sounds in this word? This asks for students to have more endurance.
– Touch each square as you sound out the word. This worksheet focuses on the beginning of words.
Listen For The
Sounds – Some of the boxes just don't belong here. This is a listening worksheet for students.
Box a Sound
– Each box gets a sounds within each word. The second makes sense, if you think of ice rinks.
1, 2, or 3
– Write the place of the sound in the word. This can be anywhere in the word.
More Extra Boxes
– Teachers love this activity so we added an additional worksheet for you.
Isolation – Breaking down where the sound is located can be difficult for those new to phonics.
– Color in the boxes that holds the /k/ sounds. Where is that sound located?