Printables for This Topic:
– Analyze the sentences for missing capital letters.
Where My CAPS At?
– This is a really fun brain storming activity for students, the
end I'm talking about. Just give them a theme.
– Talk with your classmates to find the answer to each question.
Be sure to capitalize your answers correctly.
Is it a Proper
Noun? – Read each sentence. Show which words need to be capitalized
by underlining them.
Color Me Red...
– Color the balloon red if the noun needs a capital letter.
Proper or Not?
– Read the words in the Word Bank. Sort them into the correct categories.
Proper and Concrete
Nouns – Label each noun as common or proper. Then use it in
a sentence, capitalizing the proper nouns correctly.
Put In The Subs
– Read each sentence. Then rewrite it, substituting a proper noun
for the common noun in italics.
Do You Know Your Disney
Movies? – Replace each common noun with a proper noun - a character
from a Disney movie. Be sure to capitalize each proper noun correctly.
You're Too Picky!
– Choose the proper noun from each pair and use it in a sentence.
Capitalize it correctly.