Short A Sound Worksheets To Print:
The First One
- How many short-A sound words can you make by filling in the first letter of each word below?
Name That Picture!
- If you see the sound you are looking for, point it out! Say the name of each picture out loud.
Word Boxes -
Obviously, they want you to use the word bank, but if can work outside
of that box go for it.
Circles Are Up - Students will find this challenging at first. Remember to write the word after you identify it.
Who is Short? - You only have to decide between a pair of words here. Locate that tone in the words that you are examining.
Circle My Pictures... - Say the name of each picture out loud. If it has that resonating tone we are looking for, circle the picture.
Guessing Game - Read each description. What is it talking about? Circle the correct answer.
Solve the Riddle - These are longer and more detailed descriptions that you will need to look over. Which word best fits it?
The Big Art
Project - Can you think of four things whose name contains the
short A sound? Draw a picture of each thing. Then write its name on
- What sound do you hear in this entire selection of words? Color in the
circle next to the correct sound.
- Go on Safari and look through all of the words on this page and circle any word that matches this topic.
Who's Got It?
- Can you think of three things whose name contains the short A sound? Better yet, can you draw them and write a story about them?
Read. Say. Color.
- Say it out loud. Do you feel that come out right? Where do you see it?
- There are eight words in the puzzle that contain that sound. Find
each word and write it on the line.
Listen for it Now! - Write the word in the correct box. It is all about sorting terms based on what you hear when you say them.