Short E Sound Worksheets To Print:
How Many Sounds...
- We work off of -et, -est, and -en. The -est suffix should be a
breeze. How many terms of this tone can you make by adding letters to the beginning and or end of
each set of letters below? Fill in as many as you can.
Shorty or Shortie? - The is a visual activity. Queen is a tough one
for them. Say the name of each picture out loud.
E Banker - Read the words from the selection found within the box. Find the sets of terms that rhyme with the
bolded word and write them on the lines. Think
up your own set of terms that are not located in that bank already, for extra credit.
Finding It in Place
- If you are in a rush, just circle the answers. We would appreciate that you take the time to write them.
Tape That... - It
is either/or for this selection of different vocabulary. We are looking for matching pairs of words for this exercise.
Words to Search
- The middle picture on the second row is referring to burger or
hamburger. This is like a word search, but with pictures instead.
- It is where my father keeps his tools. It is where I keep my bicycle.
What is it? This is an example question.
The Word Game
- The pictures kind of give them away. You will need to unscramble all the terms that are indicated by the pictures.
Vowel Art - Can
you think of four things whose name contains the short E sound? Draw
a picture of each thing.
Match'em Up -
Match each picture to the correct word. Guess what each of them have in common?
Egg Hunt -
Color in all of the eggs that contain a word with the short E sound. You will need some bright colors.
Portrait of Short
E - You are given six words to work with. Draw a picture of each thing. Then write its name on the
Read. Say. Color.
- Read each word. Say it out loud. If you hear a short E sound,
color in the picture.
Tonal Word Search
- There are eight words in the puzzle that are of interest to you. Find each of them and write it on the line.
Listen for the
Short E - Does it have the long or short E sound?
Write the word in the correct box. You will need to listen carefully.