Short U Sound Worksheets To Print:
Hear the Sound - It's always FUN to give a PUP a HUG. How many like terms can you make by
adding letters to the beginning of each set of letters below? Add as
many letters as you like. Fill in as many as you can.
Name That Pic...
- I'm not sure that cow is confused. He is eating. The squirrel is really working away on his teeth.
Plug, Shut, Nun
- The picture gives away the odd word out. Read the words from the word box. Find the sets of words that rhyme with the
bolded word and write them on the lines.
Where You At?
- Studious and rebuke are a little higher than we would expect here.
Help them sound it out.
They will all be butterflies soon enough. Depending on the tone that you, you will decide on which caterpillar you should color.
Search For It All Over
- Make sure that the kids know that a sculpture is in the fourth row. You will need to say all the words aloud to hear what you are looking for.
- This is a guessing game. You will hear a description of something and then you need to decide which of the three choices was being described.
All Mixed-O Up
- You will unscramble all of these words and then write them on the line that has been provided. The plumber isn't quite that clear and obvious.
U Ought to Be in
Pictures - Draw the things that you need to understand. You can use the examples to figure out the sound once more.
Matcher - Match each picture to the correct word. The students might need help sounding out "subscription".
My Word Bank
- You will use the bank of terms to decide what each picture represents. The baby definitely is not a fan of coffee.
Say It with a Picture
- You will draw three pictures that represent terms that have the type of tone within them. A picture of a pug is my goal.
A Rote Activity
- When you hear that sound being in the word, you will color it. Three "do not colors" in here.
Search For It
- There are eight words in the puzzle that contain a short U. Find each
word and write it on the line. Yes, NumChuck is in there.
I Hear It! Do You? - You will sort these words based on the vowel sowel that they give off. The words of confusion are: bustle, endure, ruin and sudden.