Dad or dad? -
When do you CAPITALIZE it and when don't you? Knowing when to capitalize the word 'dad' can be a very tricky thing. One rule of thumb is that
you capitalize the word 'dad' when it starts a sentence or when it is replacing a proper noun.
Libs - Fill in each blank with the appropriate type of word as indicated. Read your story aloud to
friends and family for lots of giggles.
Sentences - Dads are always fixing things around the house.
Today Dad wants us to fix our sentences.
Reading Comprehension Worksheets:
- Dad's have a lot in common with these guys. Lets take a look at Emperor penguins. You’ll see why below. Answer
the questions that follow.
Day History - Father's Day as we know it, is not even a hundred
years old. Read about how Father's Day as we know it came about and answer the questions that
- Read about two famous dads that followed their dreams and used
their imagination to change television viewing for children forever.
Perfect Father's Day Gift - Sarah was so excited for Father's
Day this year. This was the first year that her mother was giving
her money to buy whatever she wanted for her dad at the mall!
of the Year - The old man sat in his chair and rocked back and
forth. He sat on his porch every day.
- Unscramble the words and then define them. The letter in the numbered box can be placed in the same
numbered box at the bottom to reveal a special message.
- Use the code below to decipher these funny series of jokes. Example: What do you call your dad when he falls through the ice?
Day Maze - Oh no! Dad was mowing the lawn and got himself stuck
in the middle. Can you help Dad find his way out? Good luck!
Find - Dad can't find his words. Again! Can you help him find
them in the puzzle below? There are a dozen for you to find.
About my dad...
- What makes him soooo special? Write 5 things that makes your dad (or important male caregiver) so special. You can give this
to your dad as a special gift.
Dad - Dads are always helping us out when we need him. Now it's
your turn to help him back.
for Dad - Pretend you are a genie for one day and can grant
three wishes for your dad.