What is Kwanzaa? - Lots of capitalization
errors in this one. You will rewrite the given paragraph to fix up everything about it except the general message.
- There are some really weird errors in this one. The follows upon the work of the previous worksheet, but this one is much more advanced.
- See if you can locate the descriptors in each and every sentence that explores an aspect of this holiday.
Reading Comprehension Worksheets:
Why Anansi Has Eight Thin Legs
- Yes, you got it! Anansi is a spider. This is a two page story that you will first read and then answer a number of reading comprehension questions.
The Importance of the Candles
- Let's look into the celebration a bit. We give you a full page to read and then ask you a series of six questions to see what you got out of it.
History - Kwanzaa was first introduced in the mid-1960s. It
began in the United Stated during the Civil Rights movement.
Are Missing A Word There - You will determine the best word that completes all the different sentences. Example: Kwanzaa and Hanukkah have some of
the same ___________.
Principles - Some people celebrate it by playing African music,
and dancing around with their friends and family.
Word Cryptogram - See if you
can determine the hidden message up in here. Each number
represents a letter. Decode the
numbers to find the words
(clues in the box at the bottom
of the page.)
- Some of these words will be a challenge for you. Note that a space indicates that there are two words for that question.
- Get those words right where they belong. It helps at some levels to review these skills often.
Search - This worksheet and puzzle is a bit more challenge than
you would first suspect. Find each word. All words are positioned left to right, diagonally and backwards.
Poem - Create your own poem that tells us about Kwanzaa. An acrostic poem is a poem where the first letter in a name or word is
used to tell something about that person or topic.
A Community... - While
Kwanzaa is a holiday, it isn't connected to any specific religion
or political event.
Time: Kwanzaa - Write a short story about Kwanzaa using the words that are given to you. See if you can use every single word that is