Transitive and Intransitive Worksheets To Print:
Line Writes - You will be given a series of sentences to analyze. What form of the verb do you see? Identify your conclusions on the line.
Direct Objects -
Time to work on find the direct object to the verbs. You will clock these from the sentences that you are presented with.
Subject, Verb, What?
- This will give a nice flow to your work and start helping you
understand the process that is involved.
No Direct Objects
- Throw the direct objects out of the sentences that you are given. Rewrite the sentence
without a direct object, adding words or phrases as necessary so that this part of speech
Make It Transitive
- Complete each sentence below with a direct object to make the
verb transitive. They are lined up for you to work off of.
Circle the Wagons
- Read each sentence below. Circle whether the underlined verb is
transitive or intransitive.
Light Bulb Goes
On... - You are asked to describe the bold word. See what you think! If you need some reminders, they can be found at the top of the worksheet.
Write a Sentence
- Write a sentence for each verb. It should be used either as transitive
or intransitive form as indicated in parentheses.
- Circle the intransitive verb in each sentence. Underline the prepositional
phrase or adverb that follows it.
- Read each sentence below. Determine how this particular part of speech presents itself.
Follow It Up
- Circle the transitive form in each sentence. Underline the direct
object that follows it.
Verbs Wisely - Write two sentences for each verb given. In the first sentence you
should use the transitive form. In the second sentence it should be used in a intransitive form.
- For each sentence, identify whether the underlined verb is transitive
or intransitive. This is a thinker for you.
Create It From
Scratch - Write a sentence for each verb. This will require you to be a bit creative and stick to your general form.
Seconds Too - Write two sentence for each verb given. In the
first sentence use the transitive form. In the second sentence
it should be presented as intransitive.