Assonance Worksheets To Print:
– You need to pay particularly close attention to vowels. It's often called a vowel rhyme. Isn't that very fitting, when you think about it.
This worksheet is a line-by-line dissection of a poem. As you go through the poem try to pain attention as to whether there is a form of assonance or alliteration at each line. If neither is present, just write the word none.
– Fill in what's missing from this. Choose from the words provided to complete
each sentence in a way that creates assonance.
Assonance in Poetry
– Another organizer to work with off of your content. You will need to start with a poem or song lyrics. Just record at least four
examples of assonance. Write each example in the box.
In the Raven –
Just print out a copy of The Raven for yourself first.
Assonance or Alliteration?
– See what each sentence tells you. Write on the line whether each set of words creates assonance or
– We are always working off of the word to the left. Read the first word. Create assonance by circling the appropriate word from each line.
Creating Effect with
Sound – Use assonance to make descriptions of the following
people, places and things interesting and memorable.
A Poet And Know It!
– As you read the assignment, record at least instances of assonance
that you notice. Write an example of each in the box.