Printables for This Topic:
Editing Marks – These are
the common symbols that you will come across.
– Jenny has copied out one of her favorite poems for an anthology
her class is putting together and has asked you to proofread it for
A Piece of Chalk
– The passage below is the opening of an essay in a book called
Tremendous Trifles by G.K. Chesterton.
Tim's Good Day
– Part of revising your writing is to look and see where it can
use more development.
Revising For Style
– Style in writing means the way in which an author chooses to write,
what words she uses, what tone she takes, etc. Part of revising your
writing is to look and see where it can use more development.
Writing – An important part of writing is revising. Revising
means rewriting to make your writing better. A good writer can revise
his or her own writing.
– Read each sentence below. Use the editing mark underneath of letters
that should be capitalized.