Printables for This Topic:
The Old Watch
– Using sensory language, write what comes next in the stories.
The County Fair
– Read each topic sentence. Think of what you might see, hear, feel,
taste, touch and smell in each setting.
– Replace each general sentence with a sensory sentence. Write the
new sentence on the line.
Convey More –
Each word to the right is very basic. Change that right quick.
– Describe your classroom for someone who has never been there before.
Use sensory language.
Using Clues –
Use the sensory language as clues to identify the object being described.
Write the name of the object on the line.
Make It Jump Out!
– Read each word. Think of a way to describe the object without
using the word. Then write a descriptive sentence on the line.
Make Them Feel It
– Practice using sensory language. Write a descriptive paragraph
about something you did recently.
A Winter Day
– Write a descriptive paragraph about winter. Use as many sensory
words as you can?but avoid the word cold!