Irony and Pun Worksheets To Print:
Irony – It is pretty ironic
that you can actually underline irony.
Figures of Speech
– Identify the type of figure of speech. Write the correct letter
on the line.
– Read each sentence. Identify the pun. Then briefly explain it
on the line near each sentence.
Hoo-Is That? –
Do you get the "Hoo" part? Most people don't.
Puns in Headlines
– Newspapers sometimes use puns to catch the attention of potential
Types of Puns
– Read each pun and identify whether it is a simple or compound
For the Birds!
– Fill in the blanks below to complete each pun, using the Word