Printables for This Topic:
Antonyms Are So Opposite
– See if you can dream up a word that would give the sentence a
complete polar opposite meaning.
Like and Different
– A mix of synonyms or antonyms classification followed by name
a synonym or antonym game.
Hidden Box –
Circle each synonym or antonym you find, and write it on the line
next to its clue.
As and Ss –
Read each set of words below. Are they synonyms (S) or antonyms (A)?
– Identify a homophone for each of the words below. Write the homophone
in the puzzle.
– Write two sentences that demonstrate two different meanings for
– Using a dictionary or thesaurus, list at least two synonyms for
each of the following common words.
Shades of Meaning
– Think of an antonym and a synonym for each word below. Is your
synonym more or less descriptive than the word provided?
– Write a sentence for each homophone that demonstrates that you
understand their different meanings.
– Match each word with its antonym.