8th Grade Spelling Worksheets:
That's The Spell... - Find
the words that have the proper spelling. These are twenty-two vocabulary terms that you should know well.
Reverse Look Up! - What vocabulary
word are we describing here? Read the definitions below. Write the
correct word on the line.
Word Scramble - Unscramble
all of the words that are presented to you. Put them back in the correct order. Then choose
three of them to use in a sentence.
Word Search - There are 18
terms stuffed in there. Pick them out and then use each of them in a sentence. Not as easy as it looks!
Spelling Challenge - Fix
that single word in every sentence. You will write it correctly on the line.
- Some of the words below are spelled correctly and some are not. Write the correct spelling of the
incorrectly‐spelled terms on the line.
- You can either use the puzzle to help you with the sentences or
The Spelling Bee
- Jane, Hank and Carl are practicing to compete in the school spelling
- Use the clues to fill in the crossword puzzle. This is something you would see in a newspaper.
Be the Teacher
- If a word is spelled incorrectly, circle it, and write the correct
spelling on the line below.
- See what words they are describing here and complete that crossword puzzle.
- Underline the words that are spelled correctly. Some of these terms may escape you, just follow your standard spelling rules to help you out.
- Terri has written a postcard to her friend Wendy to tell her about
what is going on at theater camp, but she has misspelled a few words.
-able / -ible Ending
- Think of a word ending in the suffix -able or -ible that matches
each definition. Then write the word on the line provided.