Paragraph Based Context Clues Worksheets:
That Darn Science – See if you
can read through and find the meaning of new words to you.
Poor Rip... –
Match each underlined word to its synonym and write its letter on
The New Mansion
– Read the passage. Then circle the best meaning for each underlined
– The passage is taken from an address to congress delivered by
Rafael Palma in 1919.
Who Liked Ken –
Determine the meaning of the word using clues from the sentence or
knowledge you already have.
– Use context clues to determine the meaning of the following words
Feed Me Molecules
– Read the passage. Then write a definition for each of the underlined
– Squirrels are not only tree-climbers, but, as everyone knows,
dwell habitually upon trees, and there make their nests and their
Fight for the Right
– Suffragette and feminist pioneer Susan B. Anthony fought tirelessly
for the right to vote in the 1800s.