Transition Words Show Relationships
– Which sequence best suites the words for effect?
Using Transition Words – We
include a cloze activity in this one.
Transition Words in Writing
– See if you can pull home the meaning of that word.
Correcting Transition Word Mistakes
– There are some miscues here. Can you point them out and fix them?
Complete the Sentence –
We ask you to dream up your own vocabulary here.
Words – Which one best fits the sentence?
for Clearer Writing – You need to create two of your very own
Words for Clarity – Identify places where sentences can be joined,
and the relationship between ideas needs to be clarified.
Using Transition Words
– Read each sentence carefully and choose the most appropriate word
or phrase, to fill in the blanks, in the sentences.
Show Relationships in Sentences – Create an original sentence
or pair of sentences using the transitions indicated.
Transition Words – Circle the best transition word from the
choices in parentheses.
Writing with Transition
Words – Your going to need to be creative here.
Making a Transition
– It's all about making a connection here.
Words to Connect and Clarify Ideas – Choose the sentence that
best combines the thoughts here.
Complete Each Sentence
– You need to finish up these sentences solidly.
© English Worksheets Land . All rights reserved.