R Controlled Vowels Worksheets To Print:
Bossy R - Find the boxes
that contain words that make the "er" sound. Color those boxes green. You will also get some experience with the "or" sound.
R in Charge - When
R comes after a vowel in a word, it changes the way the vowel sounds. Take a look at all the words and let us know if the R is in charge.
Is R in Charge? - Say
the name of each picture. Write the word on the line. Circle the r-controlled
Locked In Vowels - Fill
in the missing letter(s) in each word. HINT: Each word contains a
vowel-R pair that changes the sound of the vowel.
Fill in the Middle Sounds
- Fill in the middle sound for each R-controlled vowel word. You will use five different consonant vowel complexes.
Make a Word
- Fill in the blank spaces to make words with the same middle sound
as the first word.
- Fill in ar, ir, er, ur, or to complete each word. You may need this font embedded for a proper display.
- See how many words you can form from each letter pair containing
the Bossy R. You will brainstorm up your own words.
Say It - Write
It - The number of letters are given to you, just not the letters
or the order they go in.
Time - Fill in ir, er, or, ur or ar to create rhymes.
Vowels - Combine the letters from each corner with the sound
in the center. How many words can you make? Use the end letters provided.
R - Read each word. Swap out the bold letters for an "r" and
write the new word on the line.
Words - Fill in ar or or to complete each word. In some cases, you can choose either.
- Write three words from the box above that are spelled with an