Printables for This Topic:
Songs – We
breakdown a song.
– Do you appear to look closely related to a family member?
– Read the following diary entry and underline all of the metaphors
Search It 2
– By now, you already know that a metaphor is a tool that writers
can use to create a better image in the readers' minds of an idea
they would like to share.
Simile – Read the sentences below. Underline the sentence if
it is a simile. Circle the sentence if it is a metaphor.
– The first one has been done for you.
– Rewrite each sentence to make it into a metaphor. The first one
has been done for you.
– Every metaphor has a meaning behind it. Read the following metaphors
and see if you can unlock what the sentence is trying to say!
Unlock the Meaning
– Circle the two objects that are being compared. Then, write down
how those two objects are alike.
Own Weather – Write your own song verse with a metaphor involving
the weather. Use the verse from "Naturally" as an example to write
your own metaphor about how people can be like the weather.
More Related Topics: